NatureKids Merritt

Welcome NatureKids Merritt Club! 
Volunteer Co-leaders: Crystal & Roxanne Wallace 

Meet your volunteer leaders!

Crystal: I have always been a nature enthusiast. I grew up in Logan Lake BC where we would always go for long hikes and explore the forests around our house. Now that I am an adult I am using my love for nature to create a career. I have a Diploma in Natural Resource Technology and am currently completing my BSc in Environmental Practice. I became a nature club leader because I wanted to be more involved in the community and help the young people of Merritt learn more about nature and get outside!

Hello, my name is Roxanne. I have lived in the interior of BC for over 25 years, 8 of that was at the coast. 2 years now in Merritt. I love nature and going for hikes and seeing the wildlife. Crystal, our leader is my daughter. I was born in Saskatchewan, and moved to Peace River, Alberta when I was 9. I love BC and the beauty here.

Upcoming Explorer Days

Saturday April 1st, 2017
Bird Watching
10 am, Meet at the Civic Centre parking lot
Ducks Unlimited Wetland, Hwy 5A
RSVP by March 29th: Merritt@naturekidsbc.ca

Join us on our first explorer day at the Ducks Unlimited wetland habitat for some bird watching with Nature Mentor NVIT Professor Tom Wilms to learn the interesting species of birds in our area. Meet in the Civic Center parking lot at 10:00 am prior to leaving. Ducks Unlimited wetland is just past Nicola Lake on Highway 5A towards Kamloops. If you have binoculars feel free to bring them. Excited to see you there!